Consulting Color started as an idea in 2021 by our founder Danielle Shingieti. We officially launched as a non-profit organization in 2022 with the goal of empowering women of color-led businesses to start, grow, and thrive. The organization was formed in honor of the late Donald Vaughn Jr., a successful entrepreneur in the real estate, financial, and operational management sectors, and his wife Vera Vaughn, an innovative and strong woman who has had much success in the child care sector with her business Annandale Play-Care, Inc. Whom continues to be involved in the organization.
It was only natural for their children to formulate an organization designed to help women of color start, grow, and thrive in this world where we saw our parents grind, struggle and eventually perservered. It is our goal to give all our mentees a head-start in a world that has left an economic disparity in the access to human, social, and financial capital.
Our vision is to elevate the excellence of women of color by bridging the gaps of gender, race, and access to professional business resources and services. We strive to create a future where women of color-led businesses have equal opportunities for growth, success, and recognition. Through our comprehensive network, we aim to provide a platform that empowers women entrepreneurs, fosters collaboration, and celebrates their achievements. By breaking down barriers and promoting inclusivity, we envision a world where women of color are celebrated as leaders, innovators, and trailblazers in the business community.
Our mission is to empower and support women of color-led businesses in their journey toward growth and success. Through our consultative resources and services network, we provide the necessary tools, mentorship, and guidance to help them thrive in the business world. Our programs are designed by women, led by women, and precisely tailored to address the unique challenges and opportunities women entrepreneurs face. By creating a supportive ecosystem and fostering meaningful connections, we aim to create a pathway for women of color to achieve their business goals and contribute to a more inclusive and equitable entrepreneurial landscape.
Our strategy is to connect women of color in a diverse portfolio of professional industries and provide them as mentors to those up and coming in those same industries. Additionally, providing in-house resources and services from our network of volunteer women of color professionals. This is accomplished through:
- Strategic Focus:
- Focus on providing high-quality and personalized consultative resources and services to women of color-led businesses.
- Establish Consulting Color as a trusted and go-to resource for women entrepreneurs by offering comprehensive mentorship, incubator, and accelerator programs.
- Continuously adapt and evolve the programs to meet the changing needs and challenges faced by women-owned businesses.
Marketing and Outreach:
- Develop a robust marketing strategy to raise awareness about Consulting Color's services and mission.
- Utilize various marketing channels, such as social media, content marketing, email marketing, and partnerships, to reach the target audience.
- Collaborate with community organizations, women's networks, and business associations to expand the reach and impact of Consulting Color.
Program Development and Management:
- Continuously improve and refine the mentorship, incubator, and accelerator programs based on feedback and emerging industry trends.
- Recruit experienced and diverse mentors who can provide valuable guidance and support to the participants.
- Establish a structured program management system to ensure effective communication, progress tracking, and evaluation of participants' achievements.
Partnerships and Collaborations:
- Form strategic partnerships with corporate entities, government agencies, and philanthropic organizations to secure funding and support for the programs.
- Collaborate with educational institutions, industry experts, and professional networks to enhance the resources and opportunities available to program participants.
- Leverage partnerships to create internship or job placement opportunities for mentees and facilitate connections with potential investors and business partners.
Technology and Infrastructure:
- Implement a robust technology infrastructure to support program operations, participant communication, and data management.
- Utilize digital platforms and tools to deliver program content, facilitate mentor-mentee interactions, and track participant progress.
- Continuously explore and adopt innovative technologies that can enhance the effectiveness and accessibility of Consulting Color's services.
Evaluation and Impact Measurement:
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness and impact of Consulting Color's programs.
- Conduct regular evaluations and assessments to identify areas for improvement and ensure the programs are meeting the needs of participants.
- Collect success stories and testimonials from program graduates to demonstrate the positive outcomes and impact of Consulting Color.
Sustainability and Growth:
- Develop a sustainable funding model by diversifying revenue streams, including grants, sponsorships, donations, and partnerships.
- Seek opportunities for expansion by reaching out to new geographical areas, expanding program offerings, or introducing specialized tracks for specific industries.
- Continuously engage with the alumni network and leverage their success stories to attract new participants and supporters.
Team Development and Culture:
- Build a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the values and mission of Consulting Color.
- Foster a supportive and empowering work culture that encourages collaboration, professional development, and innovation.
- Provide ongoing training and mentorship opportunities for staff members to enhance their skills and expertise in supporting women entrepreneurs.